Hello all,

I seem to remember that a few years ago there was mention on the list of
some software, possibly Australian, that would let you determine the effect
of all kinds of architectural measures to reduces solar irradiation into
buildings.

You would draw a plan of the situation, using items from a library of
different 'things' that you could have on the house to stop the sun from
heating the inside up too much, such as shutters, blinds and awnings, and
also of any objects of importance in the vicinity.

Then you could see the effect all through the year for all times of day, in
terms of BTU's saved in A/C, but also the program even showing graphically
how the shadows fall.

I have actually tried out what I believe was a demo version of it. It was a
bit grumpy in communication, but it worked. Sadly, I can't find it anymore.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks,

Rudolf

52-30 N 4-40 E