Sorry, sent again with the right email address for the sundials list. A

From: Alastair Hunter <sundi...@macmillanhunter.co.uk>
Sent: 07 September 2020 18:21
To: 'Maes, F.W.' <f.w.m...@rug.nl>
Subject: Fer's legacy - diptych

Dear Frans

Thank you very much for your reply. I can only imagine the time and effort all
of you have put into making Fer’s legacy available in data form and in English.
It is terrific!

The diptych concave is, I think, not a simple mathematical problem. I have done
it by 3D drawing but it needs great care to avoid errors. I suspect the
Nuremberg makers had their own tried and tested methods.

Best wishes

Alastair

Macmillan Hunter Sundials, 3 Peel Terrace, Edinburgh EH9 2AY, Scotland, UK
Telephone: 44 0 131 468 2616  Email:  <mailto:sundi...@macmillanhunter.co.uk>
sundi...@macmillanhunter.co.uk

Website:  <https://www.macmillanhunter.co.uk/>
https://www.macmillanhunter.co.uk/