Yes some of you over there like to rely on exaggeration as an
attack-tactic, but in this instance it isn’t an exaggeration. You keep
calling Gregorius a hero, but that isn’t an exaggeration.

Gregorius & his astronomers saved the Julian Calendar when they restored
it’s original seasonal positioning, & improved the leap year rule to keep
it that way.

Gregorio sounds like an Italianization.
But Latin was official in the Catholic Church. He didn’t call himself
Gregory. His official church name was Gregorius.

Though we could call every country & city by its earliest known ancient
name, it’s a bit different with a person’s name. How did he officially
refer to himself?