Diese Nachricht wurde eingewickelt um DMARC-kompatibel zu sein. Die
eigentliche Nachricht steht dadurch in einem Anhang.

This message was wrapped to be DMARC compliant. The actual message
text is therefore in an attachment.
--- Begin Message ---
I am hoping for more information about a French made sundial that floats on
water. I attach (optimistically) a low resolution image.

The box is labelled Cadran Solaire/Sundial and universal magnetic floating,

Credits are:–  Design: Bernard Vaumesson. Patent and Trademark. Made in France
by Sculptures-jeux Paris.  © OCT. 1990

The outer bowl, 11 cm diameter, is filled with water and the floating
equatorial dial orients itself due north/south. It has scales for latitude and
magnetic variation. It also has an informative leaflet that gives world-wide
magnetic deviation for 1985 and lengthy solar and sundial details due to Gérard
Oudenot, Head of Department of Astronomy at the “Palais de la Déclouverte” in
Paris.

I probably bought it the Science Museum shop many years ago, perhaps for less
than £20.

Any advice with be appreciated with credit given if I write about in the
British Sundial Society Bulletin!

Best wishes, Doug

--- End Message ---