When I plug in a 7-button mouse (left/middle/right + scroll + 2 side)
(Trust MI-2540D) the side buttons are interpreted as scroll and scroll
doesn't work (xev shows no activity). If I try a Dell 7-button mouse,
the scroll works but xev doesn't see the side buttons.

I know how to configure the Xorg server, but sunrays need Xsun.
I can't find anything on docs.sun and nothing came up on Google.
What do I need to do to make the mouse work?

-jonathan

--
   Jonathan H N Chin     | deputy computer | Newton Institute, Cambridge, UK
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | systems manager | tel/fax: +44 1223 767091/330508