Detlev,
I assume you're looking for a full desktop session to the linux host? Look into Sun Global Desktop(not free) or /usr/X11/bin/Xephyr (free). Another idea, that I'm working on, is to make the linux host a stand alone SRSS server and then use the following command to do the same thing:

/opt/SUNWut/bin/utswitch -r -h linux_hostname

The benefit of this is that if you have more than one linux host to connect to the SRSS software will take care of load balancing among the linux stations. The downside is getting SRSS to work on linux can be a challenge.

Detlev Habicht wrote:
Hi all,

we have a SunRay Servercluster running Solaris 10 and SRS 4.

Our Users must use a smartcard for login.

I have installed the srs4_demo_kiosk.zip, the demo package for Sun Ray Server Software
from http://mediacast.sun.com/users/mplona. This works fine.

I use this package to redirect smartcards to Windows terminal server.

We have also some Linux hosts in our network.
A normal user have to use the remote login feature from dtlogin
to login there.

But now i need some smartcards with a redirection to this Linus hosts
(we need it for some special students lessons here).

With the demo_kiosk package i can also start Solaris applications.

So i have to start a program, which will access the Linux host.
Okay, it has something to do with Xsun, XDM, X11 and so on.

Any idea, how i can do this?

Is a tool like rdesktop for X11/XDM out there?

Or, in which way a have to start Xsun, when i have only a hostname
as information/parameter (for the query option)?

Thank you for any help.

Detlev

--
  Detlev  | Institut fuer Mikroelektronische Systeme
  Habicht | D-30167 Hannover +49 511 76219662 habi...@ims.unihannover.de

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.ke...@colostate.edu
UNIX/Network Manager            Phone: 970-491-0630
Engineering Network Services    Fax:   970-491-5569
College of Engineering, CSU
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'