Aaron Wilson writes:

   I used to have the problem where normal flash animations worked. If I
   went to Youtube or any other site with flash videos, Firefox would
   become unresponsive for anywhere between 30 seconds to 5
   minutes. Generally it lasts for a minute or so.

What's the packet loss reported by utcapture?  We have packet loss (and
apparently worse) on one of our subnets that is not completely
explained, and flash animations such as NOAA weather "movies" can make a
Solaris desktop on a Ray nearly useless (at more than 20% loss).
However, we do not get the complete stall that you are reporting.

If you suspect network issues, a useful test is to run a switch
directly off the host and connect the Ray there.  We've used
a $50 Netgear GS108 for this test.

We have a somewhat related issue with video that exploits accelerations
described for Rays.  With consumer-grade hardware, I can trigger a
near-standstill with realplayer when these accelerations are in use.  I
cannot repeat this on our Sun hardware.  Interestingly, packet loss is
low (according to utcapture).  This issue does not affect flash since
flashplayer does not exploit the accelerations.

Config: Solaris/x86 on X4200 and X2200, SRSS 4.1 and EA.

--
Darrel Hankerson