I'm trying to run Thunderbird 3 on RHEL.
These are fresh new installs and to be quite honest we're a little
rookie with SRSS on RHEL. We're switching over from Solaris 10.

Anyways, when I'm on a DTU, thunderbird never starts up.

I uncommented a line in /opt/thunderbird/thunderbird to allow debugging messages

bash-3.2$ /opt/thunderbird/thunderbird
+ moz_libdir=/usr/local/lib/thunderbird-3.0.3
+ found=0
+ progname=/opt/thunderbird/thunderbird
++ dirname /opt/thunderbird/thunderbird
+ curdir=/opt/thunderbird
++ basename /opt/thunderbird/thunderbird
+ progbase=thunderbird
+ run_moz=/opt/thunderbird/run-mozilla.sh
+ test -x /opt/thunderbird/run-mozilla.sh
+ dist_bin=/opt/thunderbird
+ found=1
+ '[' 1 = 0 ']'
+ script_args=
+ debugging=0
+ MOZILLA_BIN=thunderbird-bin
+ '[' linux-gnu = beos ']'
+ pass_arg_count=0
+ /opt/thunderbird/run-mozilla.sh /opt/thunderbird/thunderbird-bin

It will hang on that last line indefinitely.

Now if I open up a terminal and ssh -X back into the server and run
thunderbird it will start up fine.
If I go into the server closet and log in locally to the Sun Ray
server, thunderbird will start up fine too.

It's only when I try to run it from a DTU that it hangs.

Any suggestions?