FYI, I had a really funky problem that was solved by mathworks and I thought about reporting the solution here.

System:

RHEL 5.3 (with updates) 32bit
SRSS 4.2
matlab R2010b

Funky problem:

I run matlab and type "bench". At the end of the 3D-test (just before the report) the DTU loses session all together and goes on dhcp to start a new session. The problem is consistent.

Solution:

run "matlab -softwareopengl" instead and it works!

 -- Alexander