On Fri, 22 Oct 2010, Sean Clarke wrote:

Hi
   Anyone know what you would expect to get for used, but immaculate
Sun Ray 2's and 2FS's with power brick and Sun Keyboard & mice?

Looking at offloading some shortly and don't know what to expect.

In Sweden people are trying to get rid of them and I've been able to get them (barely used) for 145 USD (+VAT) and new ones with new keyboards for 215 USD (+VAT). It is awesome! If you want the real market value you put them on Ebay!

There is a second hand market for Sun Ray 2, because they are good enough and people don't want to get into the hardware license that new Sun Ray devices enforce. I believe one can extend the life of the Sun Ray environment by just getting the DTUs on Ebay, etc. Thus the Oracle license problems are postponed.

 -- Alexander

ps: I have no problem buying licenses but they need to make sense. You don't need to be a proud admin with integrity to ditch Sun Ray, you just need to show your boss the TCO of one Sun Ray per user and the TCO of one macbook per user... Right now getting second hand Sun Ray 2:s is most practical. This will of course change very soon.