Tom,

Do you have OpenGL installed?  On an elderly Sun 280R running Solaris
10 8/07 (but fully patched) we have:

pkginfo | grep -i opengl
application FJSVglrt                         Fujitsu OpenGL for Solaris Runtime
Libraries
application SUNWgldoc                        Sun OpenGL for Solaris
Documentation and Man Pages
application SUNWglh                          Sun OpenGL for Solaris Header Files
application SUNWglrt                         Sun OpenGL for Solaris Runtime
Libraries
system      SUNWxscreensaver-hacks-gl        XScreenSaver OpenGL display mode
modules

pkginfo -l SUNWglrt
   PKGINST:  SUNWglrt
      NAME:  Sun OpenGL for Solaris Runtime Libraries
  CATEGORY:  application,graphics,opengl
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  200.1.5,REV=2005.08.29
   BASEDIR:  /usr
    VENDOR:  Oracle Corporation
      DESC:  Sun OpenGL 1.5 patch 120812-32 for Solaris Runtime Libraries
    PSTAMP:  steroid20101014231741
  INSTDATE:  Dec 22 2010 04:22
   HOTLINE:  Please contact your local service provider
    STATUS:  completely installed
     FILES:       98 installed pathnames
                  14 shared pathnames
                  25 directories
                  49 executables
              386453 blocks used (approx)

On that system there is a directory /usr/openwin/demo/GL that has a couple of
test programs:

[titan:/usr/openwin/demo/GL]# ls -al
total 114
drwxr-xr-x   4 root     bin          512 Jan 21  2008 ./
drwxr-xr-x   3 root     bin          512 Jan 21  2008 ../
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     bin         4559 May  6  2005 ogl_install_check*
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     bin          512 Dec 22 04:22 sparcv7/
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     bin          512 Dec 22 04:22 sparcv9/
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     bin        48148 Sep  1  2005 xglinfo*
[titan:/usr/openwin/demo/GL]#

Now, I don't have STK so I can't test ...

Stuart