Hi Everyone,

I am a sunray user and am stuck in an odd situation, I am trying to use the
VirtualGL library primarily to improve the frame rate of the sun ray
sessions. I am using the followin hardware:

SRSS v 4.2
Solaris 10 / 09

Sun Ultra 27 server. ( working both as the SR server and the VirtualGL)
server

unfortunately the sun shared visualization software which used to be free is
no longer available. however the packages that are there on sourceforge have
different problems of their own.

1. they dont include the SUNWvglsr package which is the plugin for SR
integration with VirtualGL
2. the packages for ver 2.1 and 2.1.1 are somehow faulty. whevever i try to
run vglrun with any binary, it fails returning segmentation fault.
3. the package for VirtualGL 2.2 does run the binaries with vglrun but its
very very slow. giving me around 3 or 4 frames per second which is no good.
moreover the package names indicate that they are no longer SUNW* packages
which might indicated that they dont support SunRay clients any more.

I have looked all over but unfortunately have been unable to get the real
source and am pretty much out of luck. :(

Regards

JD