Hi Steven,

unfortunately the stbeehive.oracle.com is not accessible to me and
I could not find CR 7013623 on support.oracle.com despite having
a service contract enabled account. Can you say what the workaround
is or do I need to open a service call for this?

It is on Macs that run under a German or Swiss German locale so they
will have the comma as the decimal mark.

Regards,

Matthias

On 01/24/11 10:31 AM, Steven Durrans wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> are the Macs which have the problem running a locale other than UK/US. If so
> it sounds like CR 7013623. It affects locales that use a comma as their
> decimal mark.
>
> If this is the problem there is a fix available from;
>
> https://stbeehive.oracle.com/content/dav/st/OVDC/Public%20Documents/
>
> Steven
>
> On 23/01/11 18:33, Matthias Ernst wrote:
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> thanks a lot for the reply.
>>
>> We tried this end of last week on one of the machines without any success.
>> I still need to get my hands on one of the laptops for a longer time in
>> order to look at the log files in detail. Since these are personal lap-
>> tops this takes some time to arrange.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Matthias
>>

>> On 1/17/11 17:16 , Daniel Whitener wrote:
>>> Hello Matthias
>>>
>>> I have seen this identical behavior.  I found that I can work around
>>> the problem by changing the default bandwidth the client uses.  Change
>>> it from the default down to something more realistic for your
>>> connection speed - 1MB or 2MB for testing purposes.  Once I changed
>>> that value, I haven't seen the disconnect behavior since.
>>>
>>> Good luck
>>> Daniel
>>>

>>> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 9:56 AM, Matthias Ernst
>>> <matthias.er...@nmr.phys.chem.ethz.ch>  wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> we just upgraded our Sunray server to the latest release of Solaris 10 and
>>> the SRSS 5.1.1 software release from last fall. We started to use the ovdc
>>> software client for remote access which works very well for us. It is really
>>> a big improvement over remote session access using vnc since it is
>>> considerably
>>> faster.
>>>
>>> However, we see a strange behaviour on some of the Macs that people use. On
>>> some machines the ovdc client connects normally but after about 10 seconds
>>> the
>>> session disconnects. This is really client related since the same user can
>>> use
>>> ovdc on some Macs but not on others. They all run the latest version of
>>> MacOS
>>> X 10.6.6 and there are no obvious differences. Has anybody seen a behaviour
>>> like this? I will check the log files on one of these Macs when I get a
>>> chance
>>> to investigate in more detail.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Matthias

- --
| Matthias Ernst                         | Phone: +41-44-632-4366            |
| ETH Zürich, HCI D 227                  | Fax:   +41-44-632-1621            |
| Laboratorium für Physikalische Chemie  |                                   |
| Wolfgang-Pauli-Strasse 10              | Email: m...@nmr.phys.chem.ethz.ch |
| CH-8093 Zürich, Switzerland            |        m...@scientist.com         |