Saw some posts on similar to this one but they are quite old, so starting a new
thread.

I'm seeing an increasing number of formerly working Gemalto GCX4 CAC cards
failing to be recognized, i.e. returning the smartcard "?" icon with the 63
status. These failing cards have been working for a long time. Not every
Gemalto fails.

I scanned the messages file on all six Sun Ray servers and found that one of
them saw 402 occurances! We didn't have 402 people in line with their cards, so
I guess they found a way to login to Windows with userid/password.

This morning I changed the probe order to:

JavaBadgeCAC
ActivCardGoldJavaCard
OpenPlatform
OberthurCS

but deferred the cold restart. I will do that this evening.

I see that there is an UnknownCard.cfg, should that be included also? I'm
trying to trim down the number of cfg files that have to be processed on a card
insert event. We have 1000+ DTUs and nearly that many students with many more
anticipated.

Any ideas as to what may be going on would be appreciated. I'll gladly provide
whatever information I'm allowed.

Art