We just got sunray 4.3 to run on ubuntu linux 11.04 ... but we had
to dowgrade the kernel to 2.6.34 (thanks to ubuntu kernel ppa this
was quite simple) ...

The problem with newer kernels is two fold.

a) the sunray kernel modules still make use of the big bad kernel
   lock via ioctl interfaces. Since the lock has finally been slain
   the modules are not compile anymore ... the ioctl calls they
   to be replaced by unlocked_ioctl ops ...

   http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-kernel/2008/1/8/548252

b) with the 11.04 kernel ubuntu has finally kicked the remaining
   OSS layers so sound does not work anymore ... the 'right' thing
   would probably be to write a user-space pulse module or an alsa
   kernel module ...

has anyone worked on these tasks yet ? It would be nice to use the
latest kernels with their improved desktop responsiveness ...

cheers
tobi

http://it.oetiker.ch t...@oetiker.ch ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900