From: sunray-users-boun...@filibeto.org
[mailto:sunray-users-boun...@filibeto.org] On Behalf Of Jim Klimov
Sent: dinsdag 19 maart 2013 19:18
To: sunray-users@filibeto.org
Subject: Re: [SunRay-Users] creation of an user session

To summarize both solutions, I'd suggest creating the following:
1) A VNC server which is started automatically (with the OS as an
    SMF service or via a legacy init-script), or is started by your
    application's initialization routine.
    The VNC server has a particular IP port assigned (maybe on the
    localhost or accessible over the network) and an X11 display
    number. You might need some tricks to ensure that this number
    is reserved for the VNC display, i.e. start it as the first X
    server on the system, before SRSS.

2) A kiosk session assigned to that smartcard which automatically
    launches a vncviewer program to see what happens in that VNC
    server. VNC can be configured to allow many clients to view
    and/or control the same server.

This way the VNC display will be accessible to your app after the
reboot and regardless of SRSS or anyone interactively logging in
at all. For example in our practice, OpenOffice is used as a filter
for Alfresco CMS, and even headless OOO requires an X11 display.
The VNC trick is used successfully on that box, even though there
is no OOO window in that session to look at.

To create custom Kiosk sessions you could use my FLButselector
package (published on sun-rays.org), though I think latest SRSS
includes options to customize kiosks as well (in legacy times
there used to be just one type of kiosk, and any customization
started from the same template session).

HTH,
//Jim Klimov