Hi All,

In our Sunray environment, we customize dtlogin using the configuration files
in "/etc/dt/config/C"  (Xresources, stylemodern, etc).

I just upgraded SRSS from an older SRSS release to version 5.4 and low and
behold, Oracle has completely modified SRSS to use some "loginGUI.res" file
that doesn't use the default X resources area "/etc/dt/config/C".

I tried simply copying my custom "Xresources" and "styleModern" into the
directory where this resource file resides, "/opt/SUNWut/lib/app-defaults/",
and renamed my "Xresources" file to "loginGUI.res".  I didn't expect this to
work, but didn't know what else to try. As expected, it definitely did not
work. I was curious because I thought I had seen this file before so I logged
into one of my other SRSS servers that hasn't been upgraded yet and saw this
same "loginGUI.res" stuff with references to it from
"/etc/opt/SUNWut/loginGUI.start".  I concluded that it was either broken in the
older release or still allowed use of the custom files in "/etc/dt/config/C".

Does anyone know how to get SRSS to use the standard files in
"/etc/dt/config/C" to customize the "dtlogin" it presents to Sunray clients in
SRSS 5.4?

I know it's just my opinion, but I don't think the "dtlogin" interface
customization that Oracle did is pleasing at all and my customers have gotten
accustomed to seeing something much prettier that gives more information.  I
think many of my customers will actually think we've taken a step back in
technology or there's some sort of security incident when they see something
other than what they are used to. If I am stuck with this, I'm hoping that all
500 of them don't contact our helpdesk at once:(  I will mention that if I
Xnest into my server from itself, it displays my customized "dtlogin" properly,
so the standard "dtlogin" session that's being displayed to non-Sunray
X-Sessions looks like it should. I just need to get SRSS to use that same
configuration when it displays on Sunray clients.

I sincerely appreciate any help that anyone can offer.

V/R,

Brian Whyte