Cool - glad my comments were inspiring towards success.

I wonder if the localization packages are installed by default.

rpm -qa on both installations??

Sent from Windows Mail

From: Volker A. Brandt
Sent: ‎Thursday‎, ‎October‎ ‎17‎, ‎2013 ‎3‎:‎53‎ ‎PM
To: Jayme Snyder
Cc: sunray-users@filibeto.org

Hi Jayme!

[I have taking the liberty to include the list in my reply.]

> > > Did you also install the cert that was used to sign the self signed
> > > certs as a root certificate
> >
> > No I did not.  Can you point me to some documentation I can give my
> > VMware colleagues so that they can export that root certificate into
> > a file?
>
> Unfortunately, I do not.

Fortunately, I was able to export the root certificate from the *old*
installation.  And fortunately VMware hadn't changed it between those
versions.

> I am just going on a hunch that it is expected that it is expected
> that the certificate chain has to be trusted, since a certificate is
> not really worth anything unless you trust its issuer...

Absolutely correct.

> Do you have the whole keytool command you used to import the
> certificates to sunray??

There are really three commands, two for the server certs and one
for the root CA cert.

> There is a parameter to keytool on import "-trustcacerts"
> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21907_01/PDF/EN/SRVMWC1dot2InstallGuide.pdf

Yes.  This documentation only shows the "one certificate" case.
I thought this was enough when I planned the upgrade but apparently
I was mistaken.

Anyway, your hint provided the inspiration, and so far everything
seems to be working.

Now I need to find out why the two old secondary servers running SRSS
5.2 are showing the proper localized German VMware login prompt, and
the two new secondary servers running SR 5.4.1 are showing the default
English prompt, completely ignoring the -l de_DE argument in the
Kiosk mode configuration... :-(

Thanks for your help -- Volker