At 07:51 -0500 01/24/2005, Charles Davis wrote:

Be sure your MB has the 'J38' jumper block on it. (Located between the memory
 banks, and the Processor slot.)
(to disable the onboard cache, so the ZIF cache doesn't get confused). I don't know if you can just add the jumper pins on older MBs, but it seems to be marked on all
 the MBs I have seen.

Yes, with a bit of soldering one can add a jumper header to motherboards that have blank holes (or solder filled holes) at J38. Of course, one can just short it permanently with a bit of wire or conductive ink, but I find having the header strip there with a real jumper installed more satisfying somehow.

The header is very standard .1" spacing (IIRC). Frys sells the strips (when they bother to stock the electronic components department) and they might even be available at RS. Be careful you don't get double row strips by mistake.

Heck, for that matter anyone who wants to send me a SASE, I'll send a two pin header. I've got some headers here that are too short (too few consequetive pins) for me to use for anything else. Of course, you still must solder them into place.

Jeff Walther
8107 Hillrise Dr.
Austin, TX   78759