On Dec 18, 2005, at 11:31 PM, Bob Robeson wrote:

Hello All,

I have a Netgear (G) 108 Mbps Wireless Router (2.4 GHz 802.11 with Atheros Super G Technology), and I want to put a pci card in my S900 (OS 9.2.2) so they can communicate. The box says this router will work with PC OS and "other operating systems running a TCP/IP network," but doesn't specifically
mention MAC.

What is the deal on the wireless pci cards? Is it that some are made for PC and won't work in MACs? Or all of them need drivers and some of the drivers are only available for PC's? Or, can I stick a wireless PCI card in my S900
and it will be plug and play and will show up as a choice on my TCP/IP
"connect via..." option on that control panel once the card is installed?

Hi Bob--

Try this:  http://home.earthlink.net/~metaphyzx/Wireless.htm
More than you ever wanted to know about what cards work with what system. Likely the Atheros chipset will need a driver. Fortunately the listed drivers are nearly universal.

Pax,

Mike McDonald
Made on a Macintosh.
Windows is for Solitaire.