At 13:06 -0500 12/20/2005, owner wrote:

An ATA 100 IDE has something like 130 Gig limit.

I need something 200 Gig or better. In order to do this I'm positive I need
 an ata 133 controller card. Do I also need ata 133 hard drive?
I've seen ide ata 100 drives larger than 130 gigs, is it possible to use
 130gig+ volume on a Mac?

Even if the drive is rated slower, it will work with the more modern controller card. The ATA/EIDE standards are backward compatible.

I don't know what the volume limit is in recent OSs. I think it is 2 TB (terabytes = 1000 Gigabytes).

I have a 200GB drive formatted as a single volume which works fine under 9.1 and 10.2.8.

Jeff Walther