At 18:54 +0000 01/24/2006, John Hobbs wrote:
On 24 Jan 2006, at 16:06, BigMomma wrote:

 Hi.
 I posted to the list last week about how to install OS9 onto a new  HD in my
 S900 but I have not received any reply. Would anyone on  the list be able to
 refresh the procedure for me? I have an  UltraTek card in it and a G3 Ziff
 upgrade along with 500+ of ram.
                       Many Thanks.
                           Jacqueline

OK it's been along time since I did this but I think it went like this.
Assuming the new drive is installed.
Insert OS9 install CD
Find Utilities
select the new disk
Format the disk
choose install
choose disk to install to
 that should be about it

Additional details which you may or may not need:

Choose a bay in which to install the new disk. You'll need the right screws to mount it. The standard short screws work in every bay except the funky lower vertically oriented bay. You need long screws 1.25"? for that bay. If you put it in one of the 5.25" bays then you need a 5.25" to 3.5" adapter, which are less than $5 at most PC shops.

Put the UltraTek card in slots 1 or 2, unless you have nothing or nothing but USB, Firewire and/or Ethernet cards (no combos) in the lower slots.

Set the jumper on the new disk to Master (or Single for Western Digital drives) if it will be the only drive on the cable.

The blue end of the cable goes in the controller card.

You don't have to boot from the CD but you can if you don't have a bootable hard drive currently installed in the machine.

There are no software drivers to install for the UltraTek card.

Jeff Walther