At 11:36 -0500 01/25/2006, Paul A. Corsa wrote:
Am I the only one having difficulty signing on to the new Google Site? I go to
 the Join Page, enter my present e mail address, start entering a password and
 the computer locks up?  After a hard restart, if I return to the same sign-in
page I still see a "clock timer" and things lock up, just by opening the page?
 I'm using OS 9.1 via Earthlink DSL, with Netscape 7.01 as my Browser.
 Anyone else having problems? Paul C

I did not have any problems, however, I have found in the past that web browsers in 9.1 often have problems like that. I finally settled on Mozilla 1.3 and have had very few problems of that sort since. Certainly no problems with the Google site.

The WWW is passing our old technology by, although a lot of the problem may be careless web programmers writing code to Microsoft standards rather than WWW standards. Remember when MS set out to sabotage Java about three days after Sun announced it, by developing a non-standard version.

Still, there are sooo many careless programmers, it makes life difficult if you're not running a very recent browser. PayPal is pretty much unusable with IE under OS 9.1 at this point. Netscape might be better, but I have the best luck with Mozilla.

Jeff Walther