On 22/12/2014 20:45, John Albietz wrote:
What is the upgrade path from pre 2.0.0.0 s6 installs to 2.0.0.0. Are there
any major compatibility issues?
With the new major version in the release number, not sure if I should
expect an upgrade to just *work*.

 As far as I can tell, things should just work. The release number is
simply aligned with the skalibs release number; skalibs has changed a
lot, but the s6 code itself, not so much.

 What *is* important to check, though, is that you do not mix binaries
from different releases. If you're using --enable-slashpackage, you're
safe: intra-package dependencies are versioned. If you're not, make sure
to always have all binaries of a single release accessible via PATH search.
s6-svwait from 2.0.0.0 will not work if the s6-ftrigrd program it calls is
from 1.1.3.2.

--
 Laurent