The nosh package is now up to version 1.37 .

 *

   http://jdebp.eu./Softwares/nosh/

 *

https://www.freebsd.org/news/status/report-2017-07-2017-09.html#The-nosh-Project

 *

   http://jdebp.info./Softwares/nosh/

Some of the changes in this release are works in progress, that you will see fully realized in version 1.38 or later.

Changes include:

 *

   There is a new chapter in the /nosh Guide/ for those wishing to make
   packages and ports of other softwares, or add service bundle support
   to existing packages and ports.

 *

   The external formats configuration import subsystem has been
   reorganized a bit.

       Nothing uses the |JAVA_HOME| import system any more, where
       service bundles explicitly have their |JAVA_||HOME| variables
       set by configuration import, although it is retained.  All
       service bundles instead use the |find-matching-jvm| mechanism to
       auto-detect a JVM matching their chosen criteria at start time.

       The per-user services import is now in two parts. System-wide
       import sets up a |$HOME/.config/service-bundles/convert/|
       subdirectory for each (real user) user account; and each user
       can then use that, which contains a subordinate per-user
       configuration import mechanism, to set up imported per-user
       service bundles for things.

     o Per-user service source files for Desktop Bus and other services
       are now in their own subdirectory, as are converted keyboard
       maps for the userspace virtual terminals.
 *

   enhanced to set up |snort@/interface/| services and to handle
   |ipv6_cpe_wanif| and |ipv6_activate_all_interfaces| from |/etc/rc.conf|.

 *

   There is a new |make-read-only-fs| chain loading tool that is a
   placeholder for now.  It is used in some service bundles generated
   by the |convert-systemd-units| tool, which now recognizes and
   converts |CPUAffinity|, |ProtectHome|, |ProtectSystem|,
   |ReadWriteDirectories|, |ReadOnlyPaths|, and |InaccessiblePaths|
   settings.

 *

   Per-user management has been augmented, finally fixing the problem
   of |system-control| locating the per-user manager by giving the
   per-user manager an optional listening FIFO open file descriptor,
   which it uses to listen for user-wide state change commands.
   |system-control --user| |halt|/|normal|/|sysinit|/&c. now send
   commands via this FIFO, and each user's |user-services@/username/|
   service bundle now uses |fifo-listen| to set up the FIFO and creates
   the |per-user-manager/| subdirectory in |/run/user|.

 *

   There are some more service bundles in the collection that comes
   with the toolset: clickhouse-server, hue, udhcpc-log, minissdpd,
   rtkit-daemon, accounts-daemon, gdm3, speech-dispatcher, gdomap,
   blueman-mechanism, and sysvipc.

 *

   The per-user configuration import now recognizes and sets up
   per-user service bundles for a whole lot more per-user services.

 *

   On FreeBSD/TrueOS systems |setup-machine-id| now writes
   |/usr/local/etc/machine-id|.

 *

   The userspace virtual terminal services, the multiplexor and the
   terminal emulators, no longer run under the aegis of the |daemon|
   system account.  Rather, they now have their own dedicated accounts
   under whose aegides they run.  To go with that, there is now a
   |user-vt-realizer| group to which users can be added to grant them
   realizer (i.e. front-end I/O) access to the system-wide userspace
   virtual terminals.

 *

   A common build problem across several toolsets that occurs if one
   has set a |CDPATH|, has been fixed.  Various tweaks have also been
   made to make life easier for Archnosh and ports to other operating
   systems.