João Pedro Malhado <phlogis...@sapo.pt> writes:

The Void linux manual shows gpg-agent running as an example, but they
don't show
the run script, so I don't know how they set it up.
https://docs.voidlinux.org/config/services/user-services.html

Duncaen's run script for gpg-agent is here:

https://github.com/Duncaen/dotfiles/blob/master/sv/gpg-agent/run

It's actually an execline script that makes use of s6-ipcserver-socketbinder. Also note that the script calls gpg-agent with `--supervise`.

This is a pity as gpg-agent is a long running process which is the
sort of thing
you would want to run under supervision.

Well, the typical reason we want to run something under supervision is to ensure it's up, because (a) there are processes relying on it being up, and (b) those processes aren't themselves able to start the relevant process. But this isn't the case with gpg-agent: the main programs that utilise it know how to start it themselves if necessary, so it doesn't matter if a gpg-agent process exits abnormally, as a new one will get created when required.

Alexis.