Den 30.09.2022 15:21, skrev Laurent Bercot:
 There is, however, one improvement I think I can safely make.
 Currently, the 1-second delay is computed from when the service *starts*:
if it has been running for more than one second, and crashes, it restarts
immediately, even if it has only been busy initializing, which causes
the resource hog OP is experiencing.
 I could change it to being computed from when the service is *ready*:
if the service dies before being ready, s6-supervise *always* waits for
1 second before restarting. The delay is only skipped if the service has
been *ready* for 1 second or more, which means it really serving and
either idle (i.e. chill resource-wise) or hot (i.e. you don't want to
delay it).
 Does that sound like a valid improvement to you folks?

To me this seems like a relevant improvement that would catch a problematic edge case issue.

- Tor Rune