On 4/26/24 07:53, Alexis wrote:
ImNotPC <imno...@rock3d.net> writes:

I'm attempting to build lh-bootstrap-master but make is complaining:

make: unrecognized option '--jobserver-style=pipe'

Indeed, my version of make doesn't have the --jobserver-style option. If I remove the reference to --jobserver-style option from ./make the package builds without any obvious errors but doesn't appear to be a complete build. My make is GNU Make 4.3 running on a Mageia 8 system. Do I need to downgrade make? Any suggestions?

i take it you mean "_upgrade_ make"? According to the GNU Make ChangeLog, the `--jobserver-style` option was added on 2022-08-02, whereas 4.3 was released in January 2020, and 4.4 was released in October 2022.

Alexis.

Ahhh. The docs said make later than 3.81 so I assumed the option had been removed since then and I needed to downgrade. I can easily build the newer make so I'll do that and try again.

Thanks,

Jeff