I'm trying to make a cluster of machines using hanfs (linux-ha + drbd
+ nfs) and this will be hosting a gaggle of virtual websites.

These sites are writable by the site owners.  In the event of say 2
competitors being hosted in this cluster how would I prevent one of
them from uploading a file that merely does
fopen("../../compitor/secretfile") and viewing things they should not
have access to?

#apache on freenode not only pointed be to here, but treated me like a
moron newbie as well and I don't think they understood my complex
scenario.

(or, maybe I am a moron and am making it complex when it doesn't need
to be.  Wouldn't be the first time.)  ;-)

-Bryan