HeavyDuty wrote:
>> MAP << wrote:

I have the same problem with the duplicate messages and the 12/31/1969 date. I also get duplicate message with the actual date, and this problem occurs on most of my messages in a an email folder or my inbox. It started when I was using Netscape

chicagofan wrote:
Mark Hansen wrote:

Just FYI: On UNIX systems, "time" is tracked as the number of
milliseconds since 1970. I can see how a "time" of zero adjusted for
time zones could result in a displayed value of 12/31/1969.

... which implies that somewhere along the life of the message, the
date didn't get set properly (or got cleared).

This makes sense to me, because she's on the West Coast, and I'm on the
East Coast.  That "somewhere along the way" fits, because it doesn't
happen on all of her messages.   Thanks so much, I just wanted to be
sure it's not something wrong with SM, since I haven't updated recently.

Thanks everyone!
bj

Database version: 5.11590

Database version: 5.11590

Who is your ISP?
Who is your e-mail host?
Do these messages come from one sender or many?
Do you know who "the one sender's" e-mail provider and local connection (ISP) are? This might help track down some errant , busted piece of software or hardware.

Database version: 5.11590

I checked and I have mail coming from many different ISP's. Today, all my new mail that arrived from about 1:45 am until 4:00 pm was duplicated, some of my messages that were already in my inbox also duplicated. I moved one of the duplicate messages to the trash. The email I moved and the virtual duplicate left the inbox and caused a 1 KB message to pop into my inbox, right before my eyes, in the exact location of the email that was deleted and it is dated 12/31/1969. When I checked the trash, only one message was there, the virtual duplicate vanished. When I moved the deleted message back to the inbox, the 1 KB blank message disappeared. This is strange. Is there a way to eliminate the duplicate message all at once?

Database version: 5.11600