John Reinders wrote:
Hi,

Wasn't sure I should add my question to the thread above, so I'll start a new one. I have the new FireFox plugin installed and it appears to work fine when I test it on the site: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/testpages/wmp9.html.
I have Media Player 11 installed...

The problem I'm having is with my Dad's website and a piece of javascript I am trying to use that plays daily mp3's... The script works fine in IE... and in fact works fine on his PC as he has Quicktime installed. I don't have Quicktime and would prefer to use the Media player plugin.

His website address is: http://www.songsofpraiseandworship.org/

Any thoughts on why it won't work in SeaMonkey. Here also is what appears in about plugins on my PC:

Microsoft® Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin

File name: np-mswmp.dll
np-mswmp

MIME Type         Description     Suffixes     Enabled
application/x-ms-wmp     np-mswmp     *         Yes
application/asx             *         Yes
video/x-ms-asf-plugin             *         Yes
application/x-mplayer2             *         Yes
video/x-ms-asf                 asf,asx,*     Yes
video/x-ms-wm                 wm,*         Yes
audio/x-ms-wma                 wma,*         Yes
audio/x-ms-wax                 wax,*         Yes
video/x-ms-wmv                 wmv,*         Yes
video/x-ms-wvx                 wvx,*         Yes

Here's is the script...

<!-- This script and many more are available free online at -->
<!-- The JavaScript Source!! http://javascript.internet.com -->
<!-- Original:  Gary Perry (g...@garyperry.com) -->

s_date = new Date();

if(s_date.getDay() == 1){
document.write('<embed width=0 height=0 hidden="true" autostart="true" volume="5" loop="false" src="musicministry/mp3s/A_Miracle_Will_Happen.mp3">');
}

if(s_date.getDay() == 2){
document.write('<embed width=0 height=0 hidden="true" autostart="true" volume="5" loop="false" src="musicministry/mp3s/Its_A_Great_Church.mp3">');
}

if(s_date.getDay() == 3){
document.write('<embed width=0 height=0 hidden="true" autostart="true" volume="5" loop="false" src="musicministry/mp3s/The_Healer_From_Galilee.mp3">');
}

if(s_date.getDay() == 4){
document.write('<embed width=0 height=0 hidden="true" autostart="true" volume="5" loop="false" src="musicministry/mp3s/By_Faith.mp3">');
}

if(s_date.getDay() == 5){
document.write('<embed width=0 height=0 hidden="true" autostart="true" volume="5" loop="false" src="musicministry/mp3s/Something_Beautiful_Happened.mp3">');
}

if(s_date.getDay() == 6){
document.write('<embed width=0 height=0 hidden="true" autostart="true" volume="5" loop="false" src="musicministry/mp3s/What_A_Wonderful_Friend.mp3">');
}

if(s_date.getDay() == 7){
document.write('<embed width=0 height=0 hidden="true" autostart="true" volume="5" loop="false" src="musicministry/mp3s/How_I_Love_My_Friend_Jesus.mp3">');
}

if(s_date.getDay() == 0){
document.write('<embed width=0 height=0 hidden="true" autostart="true" volume="5" loop="false" src="musicministry/mp3s/Coming_Soon.mp3">');
}

</script>

<center>
</center>

Thanks, John

Hi,

Found the answer me thinks...after much searching.

"If you came here wondering how to make Firefox use the Windows Media Player plugin play a specific file type instead of Quicktime, then you should know that the WMP plugin is hard-coded to only play the proprietary Microsoft formats (.asf, .asx, .wm, .wma, .wax, .wmv, and .wvx), and Windows Media Player provides no provision for changing this. For the most common formats found on the web (like mp3, midi, mpg, wav, etc.) you will need to install and configure Quicktime or Quicktime Alternative."

I found it on http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206213

I just find it hard to believe that Microsoft would go to all the trouble to produce a plugin for FireFox and not include the most commonly used audio extensions... Oh well!

John

no, the plugin only works for their stuff and nothing else.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm