DoctorBill wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
DoctorBill wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
DoctorBill wrote:
When I read my e-mail and then delete it, the mail goes into the trash - as I have selected in "Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings".

But...it goes into the ISP's mail trash, not mine on my Hard Drive.

The selector in "Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings" doesn't specify
which Trash Folder.

Is there some way to force this issue ?

If I want to go back and re-read or get something I later decide is
needed, I have to wait for the trash message to download (dial-up!).

Were it in MY trash, it would be immediately available.

Is there anything I can do about this ?

DoctorBill over the Hill

if you're using SM Mail, and if you're using pop access, then the trash is on your own computer. Its either in the trash can for your account, or it could be in the trash under Local Folders.

If you're using imap, then the trash is on the email server.

How would I know POP or IMAP ?

It must be IMAP...?

Edit, Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings, select the account, and under Server Settings, at the top right, it will say Server Type. What does it say after that?

Ahh..yes...what a twit...didn't see that.

IMAP.

Am I stuck with how it now works?

no, there is a way, but I don't know imap so you'll have to wait until someone can help you. It has something to do with the settings under that account. Something about downloading the messages to your hard-drive aswell.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm