On 4/18/2009 7:10 AM, Giacomo wrote:
> SM keeps telling I need to install flash player plugin to view flash
> videos, thus I have already installed it.
>
> I havo no problems with flash videos on firefox.
>
> Any help?

This problem is usually caused by the Web site and not anything on your
computer.  This often happens when the Web server is "sniffing" for what
kind of browser you are using.  It sniffs for "Firefox", which is wrong.
 It should sniff for "Gecko".  (Often, however, sniffing cannot be
justified at all.)

To compensate, install either the PrefBar extension or the User Agent
Switcher.  Either of them can be used to make a Web server think you are
using Firefox or even IE when you are actually using SeaMonkey.  This is
called "spoofing".

If spoofing resolves your problem, however, you should attempt to
contact the owner of the Web site and inform him or her of the problem.
 If it's a business site, a postal letter to the CEO can be effective.

If spoofing resolves your problem, you should also file a Mozilla bug
report.  Go to the Web site.  On the SeaMonkey menu bar, select [Help >
Report Broken Web Site].

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>