The date and time was Monday, May 11, 2009 8:39:01 AM, and on a whim, Melissa pounded out on the keyboard:

Oh, and I get the same result in FF - blank tab.

Melissa wrote:
Seamonkey always asked me how to handle ffdshow video.

I would always answer "use ffdshow once."

This morning, when I click on a video, I get a new tab with nothing in it!

The only thing that's changed is I changed my AV to Avast.
I've shut down all the services and still no joy.

How do I restore Seamonkey's ability to show me videos in ffdshow?

Hi Melissa,

Did you try reinstalling ffdshow?

Does a System Restore or a restore of a backup prior to changing AV fix it?

Terry R.