I have used Netscape/Mozilla Suite/SeaMonkey for many years, and for mail and newsgroups I always both display and compose messages in plain text. I absolutely refuse to have anything to do with HTML in mail or newsgroups.

However, in SeaMonkey 2 we have RSS feeds in the mail/newsgroup part of SeaMonkey. Great! However, surely one will almost always want to view an RSS feed as HTML, and the setting for message display cannot be configured on a per "server" or per "feed" basis.

The setting for message composition can be set on a per server basis, so why not the message display also?

Am I missing something here?

--
David Wilkinson