On 7/7/2009 6:41 PM, Ken Rudolph wrote:
> There's a site which keeps crashing Seamonkey 1.1.17 when I click on
> it, at least lately (it didn't used to happen).  The site doesn't
> hang when I use Firefox 3.0.11.  The site is:
> http://www.losangelesmovietimes.com/
>
> On the SM Help menu there is a link to "Report Broken Web Site".
> However when I click on that it wants to report the URL of the site
> I'm on currently (my home page after restarting SM).  The window
> which loads doesn't seem to allow editing the URL line to put in the
> site which is crashing the browser.  And of course, when the browser
> is hung, there is no way to click on the Help menu.  So, the Report
> link is useless for sites which crash Seamonkey.  Isn't that a real bug?
>
> I wish I could say this was an isolated incident.  But I'm finding
> more and more sites which hang in SM lately.  Here's another:  Load
> http://www.outfest.org/fest2009/ and then click on the "Buy Tickets
> & Online Film Guide" on the left side menu.  Voila...hang.  Again,
> it doesn't happen with Firefox or IE.
>
> Is this just my browser?  Or is there a problem with SM?
>
> --Ken Rudolph

The problem with <http://www.losangelesmovietimes.com/> appears to lie
within that Web page.  It has 212 HTML errors.

Spoofing Firefox with either
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7)
      Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7
or
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.22)
      Gecko/20090605 SeaMonkey/1.1.17, NOT Firefox/2.0.0.20
did not help.  Thus, I don't think it's a sniffing problem.

I didn't try <http://www.outfest.org/fest2009/>.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>