Ken Rudolph schrieb:
Martin Feitag wrote:
PS: As said for an alpha it's very stable, don't compare it too much
with other alphas you might have tested, as the codebase is pretty
mature. Of course it's not recommended to replace SM1 with SM2 yet in
a productivity environment but having SM2 parallely doesn't harm and
keeps up the hope/interest ;-)

Hey, I tried to download SM 2.0a3 to test and my virus checker
quarantined it saying it was a trojan or malware. I have a feeling that
it isn't such; but maybe I should wait at least for the beta?
Incidentally, why does it trip the virus checker? No Mozilla program has
ever done that in the past.

--Ken Rudolph

If you got your package from
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.0a3
or from the FTP-server* directly this is probably a false positive. You should update your antivirus signatures (or set it to ignore it). If the problem still exists, tell the maker of the anti-virus app of the incident. All bigger companies offer a special email-address or webform to do that.
regards

Martin

* ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/releases/2.0a3/
Latest: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/nightly/latest-comm-1.9.1/