Martin Feitag wrote:
Tony schrieb:
Jay Garcia wrote:
On 08.07.2009 12:01, Walter wrote:

--- Original Message ---

I frequently get the following message:

{A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped
responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see
if the script will complete.}

(option boxes, {stop script} {continue}

I am running SeaMonkey 1.1.16. I have the latest version of Java loaded.

Any suggestions?

W.

See the following article at Mozillazine:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Script_busy_or_stopped_responding

I see a similar message when I click on MyComics at comics.com Istop the
script and I see nothing wrong with the page when I do so. I think it's
just a poorly written script.

Yepp, just pretty poor scripts and the javascript engine (notice to Walter Java !!= Javascript) of SM1 is not the fastest (will be much faster in SM2), that's why often a timeout occurs. Usually both options (continue or stop) lead to success regarding viewing the page for me ;-)
regards

Martin

OK, thanks to all for the replies. When I click on either of the responses the page seems to be complete so I will await SM 2 and hope it is fixed by then. Just a slight annoyance, no big deal.

w.