Hello, Everybody,

I would like to ask you a question, here are below.

I have SeaMonkey 1.1.16 but soon to upgrade to 1.1.17 -- I got the update, but haven't had time due of busy moderating these busy mailing list, so, anyway, after I moved all of my mailing lists to gmail.com to separate my personal e-mail with only private e-mails, I use POP3 mail server with Gmail (pop.gmail.com), I have the following settings that I need help with. First, I checked "Leave messages on the server" then, checked "Until I delete messages". Then, downloaded many messages, like from LISTSERV commands. I deleted everything after confirming. Then, I went to mail.gmail.com and I found out that all of my messages NEVER been deleted. That disappointed me. Also, all of them didn't mark as read, either. All of them are marked as UNREAD UNLESS if I open a message through web interface, it will mark as READ. Then, I had to click "Select All" (no new messages came due of after midnight!) I hit DELETE then, I cleared off INBOX for next day! Smile.

Can you help me how to fix it. It USED to work before with personal e-mails over a year ago.

Another question for you. What do you like better POP or IMAP w/ Google? I am using POP server.

Thank you for your help.

Johnny :)
--
John Cunniff