dirk schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> strangest thing, I have many bookmarks, and I noticed that when adding a
> bookmark, it is nicely displayed at the bottom of the list.
>
> But after closing and restarting the program, it's lost.... !?!?!
>
> Same happens when I reorganize and move bookmarks, new sub folders are
> not found, and therefore moved bookmarks have not changed position....
>
> Any tips?
>
> Is there a maximum nr. of bookmarks in the program?

There is no known maximum to me and I have quite a few bookmarks.
Do you have (lost) write access to that file/folder where bookmarks.htm
is located?
Is the html-fil stil valid? (maybe corrupted by file-system faults?)

What happens when you change the location of your bookmark-file by
setting the brower.bookmarks.file in about:config to another location?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.bookmarks.file
Is that file usable then?
regards

Martin