I am presently using the free version of MailWasher 6.1 on my system in combination with SeaMonkey 1.1.17. The MailWasher 6.1 software has always given me an effective method for reviewing (and deleting messages from) my server before my messages are actually downloaded to my system. I have used this software for a number of years with good results. Recently, however, I have noticed that MailWasher 6.1 is beginning to behave erratically/strangely at times--making me believe it is time for me to reload this software. Here is the point where I need help.

I checked the MailWasher Web page and learned that the free version of this software is now MailWasher 6.51. It indicates on the web page that it is compatible with Thunderbird 2 (no mention of SeaMonkey is indicated on this web page). Is it likely that this MailWasher 6.51 software is compatible with SeaMonkey 1.1.17 software? Additionally, I have downloaded the MailWasher 6.51 (free) software to my computer and need to know how best to load it on my system (if anybody has experience with this software). Do I remove the existing software (via Add/Remove) or simply let the updated version load over the existing version. I can't find the answer to this question on the software makers web page (must have Pro version or the paid for version of MailWasher before I can get this information from the software maker). My reason for wanting to be careful of my actions here is my present version has been "trained" to recognize what I consider good messages and what I consider to be spam. I would like to maintain this established "training" in my new updated version of MailWasher 6.51.

Windows XP SP3

Thanks for any help sent my way on this subject.

Frog