Paul Hartman wrote:
On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Charles E Campbell
Jr<drc...@campbellfamily.biz> wrote:
Hello!

I've got a 64-bit linux box running Fedora Core 11; and I've downloaded
Adobe's "alpha" 64-bit linux flash player.  It works with Firefox;
Seamonkey, however, immediately crashes.  For a test site I use
http://www.wtopnews.com .  Now, naturally I'd prefer it if FC-11 + 64-bit +
Seamonkey 1.1.16 + libflashplayer-10.0.32.18.linux-x86_64.so worked, but I
definitely think Seamonkey should try hard not to crash.

I'm using 64-bit Seamonkey 1.1.17 and 64-bit Adobe Flash player
10.0.32.18 on Gentoo Linux with no problems. In fact it is completely
stable, unlike using 32-bit with nspluginwrapper which was always
having problems.

If you run Seamonkey from console, are there any errors printed when it crashes?
I've upgraded seamonkey to 1.1.17 and I've placed libflashplayer.so (10.0.32.18.linux-x86_64) in /usr/local/seamonkey/plugins. Unfortunately, seamonkey still crashes as soon as I go to http://www.wtopnews.com/ (I can see their website momentarily, and then seamonkey terminates). I normally start seamonkey via an icon, but when I started it from a gnome terminal, it still crashes, but no message. I'm a bit puzzled with Fedora Core 11 -- I can't login as root (although I can su to root easily enough). BTW, the Firefox I tried was 3.5.2 .

Thank you for your reply,
Chip Campbell