clashton wrote:
On Sep 15, 5:04 pm, Stanimir Stamenkov <s7a...@netscape.net> wrote:
Tue, 15 Sep 2009 15:56:42 -0500, /George Carden/:

Ken Rudolph wrote:
Using Seamonkey 1.1.18, W-XP, when I try to use the "What's on your
mind" box onFacebook(but not the "comment" box where it works fine),
the box doesn't take any typing.  Instead the page skips down a few
lines, but no typing appears. This doesn't happen with Firefox.  And
if I click on the IE tab add-on to SM it also doesn't happen, no
problems with typing entry in either browser.  This has only started
happening the past couple of days.  Any fix for this? Anybody else
having this problem?
Same here, Ken!  I thought it was just me.  No idea about a fix.
Try spoofing as Firefox.  Create a string preference (on the
<about:config> page), for example:

general.useragent.extra.spoofox

with value of:

Firefox/2.0.0.24

--
Stanimir

This worked to some extent, but it seems I can type just see two lines
of text in the box now. The text box does not expand to show all the
typed text.

Anyone else have this problem/know how to fix it?

Actually, I have noticed this happening for a while. I'm pretty sure that if I continue to type past the two lines that the message is stored in the system and gets sent when "share" is clicked on. But, as you say, the box doesn't expand and nothing past line two is visible using SeaMonkey. I just tested it in Firefox and was able to write more than two lines and the box did expand. So the Firefox spoof works only up to a point (which is a great improvement in any case). Anybody else have any ideas?

By the way, this *doesn't* happen in the "comment" boxes, which expand just fine.

--Ken Rudolph