On or about 9/25/2009 12:11 PM, Paul Hartman typed the following:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 2:46 AM, Ant <a...@zimage.comant> wrote:
>> On 9/24/2009 8:46 AM PT, Martin Freitag typed:

>>> http://www.crystalidea.com/speedyfox  says:
>>> "Mozilla Firefox is a fast browser, but with the lapse of time it starts
>>> working much slowly. The reason is fragmentation of profile databases. A
>>> free tool SpeedyFox is designed specially to resolve that problem"
>>>
>>> Don't take it granted but AFAIK Mozilla 1.1.x does not use SQLITE
>>> databases.
>>> regards
>> Thanks (same for Paul). Trying to tweak old SeaMonkey v1.x. :)
>
> One thing that was slowing my Seamonkey 1.x down very badly was my
> download history. Apparently I had never cleared it, ever! I don't use
> the download manager, so I never had any reason to open it. It was
> causing downloads to take quite some time to begin or end (can't
> remember which), probably because it was reading and updating this
> huge list of years worth of downloaded files.

I also have a big history listing in my manager.
Tools/Download Manager  only allows you to remove one at a time.
How can I remove the whole shebang at once?  SM Help file offers no
suggestions.

--
Ed

"In wilderness is the preservation of the world."   -Henry David Thoreau