Russell wrote:
On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 06:56:37 -0700 (PDT), Willyeckerslike
<kennytho...@blueyonder.co.uk>  wrote:

I have just installed Seamonkey 2 RC on Windows 7 64bit which I
recieved this morning and it works fine.

I installed v1.18  and am repeatenly being informed on launching it that it is
not the default Browser. So far my attempts to convince it that it is the
default are being ignored.  I'm looking for the culprit.

Russell
Launch SeaMonkey 1.1.18 by right-click "run as administrator". The setting change is more likely to stick if you run it in that way (various data folders and registry trees are "redirected" in Vista and Windows 7 for non-admin users -- and you are really an admin user only if you "run as administrator").

(I don't know if this fixes this particular problem, but a lot of apps have a failure to have settings stick on Vista and Win 7 because of this feature.)

Bob