Rufus wrote:
Robert Kaiser wrote:
Jens Hatlak schrieb:
Rufus wrote:
Under 1.1.18 there was a pref selection for encryption vise obscuring
of sensitive data during storage. Is it correct to assume that SM 2.0
now encrypts sensitive data by default, and with what strength? Strong
128 bit?..I hope...

No, it doesn't encrypt by default, only obscure.

   From what I know, that's not really true, we don't obsucre in the new
password manager, we always encrypt, but default generate a key from an
empty master password.

Robert Kaiser

Omone esle linked me to this -

http://luxsci.com/blog/master-password-encryption-in-firefox-and-thunderbird.html

Does this info actually hold for SM 2.0?  And does SM 2.0 use strong 128
bit encryption when doing so?  I have a Master set in 2.0, and I do need
to give it the Master to show passwords in the Manager.

I don't know for sure about the encryption. But being a modern Application, with all the things that can attack computers today I would not be surprised if it was.

As for having to type in password to see your passwords Yes.

and BTW: if you forget your Password your dead. You'll have to reset, And if you have to that, it wipe out all your user names and passwords.

If not, can you point me at what SM 2.0 is actually doing?  Really would
like to see some feedback in the dialog box as to encrypted vice simply
obscured like in 1.1.18.  Thanks.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com