NoOp wrote:
On 11/01/2009 05:36 AM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
NoOp wrote:
Not sure what the issue might be Bill. I've migrated 4 machines (linux)
from 1.1.18 to 2.0 and _all_ have no issues accessing
news.eternal-september.org (port 563/SSL). I've 2 test machines that
have yet to be migrated & I'll see if I can get them done this weekend &
let you know if they have issues. Have you tried from a different profile?

Yes. Tried different profile, machine, etc. Works from 1.1.18 every time, not from 2.0 any time.

Bill, getting back to why I think it's a profile issue; just tested SM
2.0 w/new install on a machine that never had SM installed on it
previously - no issues. You'll find my test post (along with the Windows
one) in eternal-september.test - news.eternal-september.org: "Test from
SM 2.0".

Windows:
From: NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net.invalid>
Newsgroups: eternal-september.test
Subject: Test from SM 2.0
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 20:26:12 -0800
Gecko/20091017 SeaMonkey/2.0

Linux:
From: NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net.invalid>
Newsgroups: eternal-september.test
Subject: Re: Test from SM 2.0
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 12:12:42 -0800
Gecko/20091017 SeaMonkey/2.0

So not sure what the issue could be on your system. However, for the
sake of keeping this thread to a minimum, I'll be happy to test other
scenarios if you'll contact me directly (just drop the .invalid from the
email address & keep the same subject so that I don't automatically drop
the msg in the spam filters). I can test on linux (ubuntu 9.04 & 9.10 -
gnome only, I'm alergic to kde), WinXPPro & Win2KPro (both fully updated).

I noted the test I made, new profile, new install with no migration, even new Fedora in a fresh virtual machine. All behave the same. No clue... :-(

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>