Jens Hatlak schrieb:
seam...@taz.de wrote:
Does anybody know to force seamonkey 2 to create the new migrated
profile on a preconfigured location?

You could modify profiles.ini directly to specify an absolute path for
the new profile. I don't know whether SM will create the path upon
migration so you might want to do that yourself in advance.
Yes, thats what I did in advance, but the migration did not always start automatically. But read on.
Another question: What does seamonkey check before starting the
migration? Why does the cmdlineargument "-migrate" not always start the
migration?

Because it's wrong, -migration is correct and should work in combination
with -P <name of SM 2 profile>.
The typo - error was only in my mail; -migration should also work without -P <name of SM 2 profile>

HTH

Jens

But perhaps editing the \greprefs\all.js in the programmfolder the right way did the trick!? (I forgot to use double backslashes"\\")

At least the first test was succesful, I'll keep the group informed if it works with all users.

modified all.js:

pref("profile.confirm_automigration",true);
// profile.migration_behavior determines how the profiles root is set
// 0 - use NS_APP_USER_PROFILES_ROOT_DIR
// 1 - create one based on the NS4.x profile root
// 2 - use, if not empty, profile.migration_directory otherwise same as 0
pref("profile.migration_behavior",2);
                                  ^
pref("profile.migration_directory", "\\h:\\seamonkeyprofile");
greetings,
gerd