Rick wrote:
Graham wrote:
SM 2.0 has it problems, but if you really did end up with other trashed folders, your system has other, more serious problems because the SM install won't touch other folders. When did you last run a chkdsk on your drive(s)?
my system was running very smoothly until I tried to install SM. It was the culprit no doubt. It trashed all my music, videos, and photographs.
Never seen anything like that before.

I see you avoided answering my question about chkdsk. A system may run fine with a corrupt disk until something finally causes the corruption to become obvious.