On 04.11.2009 18:13, Jordon wrote:

 --- Original Message ---

John D Jacoby wrote:
*Hi,
For example, my Credit Union has a security feature and asks me for the
answer when I log on. After doing this one time with Internet Explorer
it no longer asks for an answer and all I need to do is enter the
Account number and a password. With SeaMonkey, it asks every time! Is
there a setting that I need to make so that I no longer need to keep
giving a Security Answer in SeaMonkey?

I think the other respondents aren't getting it.

My credit union does the same thing. At the very least
it keeps track of the ip address I log in from. If I
try to log in from another ip it asks one of the ten
security questions.

Is it a laptop? Are you logging in from different
locations such as a coffee shop or public library?

I've also noticed that when I switch browsers it also
asks a question so it's not just the ip address they're
looking at. If you're not logging in from different
locations it may have something to do your cookie
settings.

We're "getting it" as best we can with the information provided. The OP didn't say anything about logging in from a different location, hence a different IP address. The OP only changes browsers to IE and it works whereas SM asks every time. There are a lot of "ifs" involved here and IF the OP were to supply more specific info, we can stop guessing and assuming maybe. Your IP assumption BTW is correct, I've seen this before.

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org